Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Obligatory K-pop post

I have decided to post some K-pop videos and songs that I actually find at least moderately appealing. I also feel obligated to post Psy's "Gangnam Style" because it's just become so popular lately. If you haven't heard "Gangnam Style" then it's really just a matter of time anyway. We were actually on the metro over the weekend in Seoul (in Gangnam) and I overheard someone near a stop by the Gangnam Express Bus Station mention it.



Then there's this song/video by NU'EST which I stumbled upon while browsing Korean music on YouTube, but I like it. It's your typical boyband fare over here. The song is called "Action". I probably like them more than I should.



Then you have "Electric Shock" by f(x) which I hear everywhere, all the time. It plays on the radio, when you're walking downtown Cheongju, when we were at the I'Park Mall in Seoul. It never leaves. On the first day we shadowed, when there was the monthly birthday party, the 4 older girls did the dance from the video as their little performance. You cannot escape "Electric Shock".




Finally (for now anyway), I leave you with another popular singing group, Sistar. This song is called "Alone" and it's really started to grow on me after I heard it a lot. Again, I've heard it on the radio, in the car on a CD that our director has, etc. 



No comments:

Post a Comment