Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Like 50 steps before "The First Step"

Greetings and good evening everyone who may stumble upon this blog.  This blog is dedicated to the adventures and tribulations of a late 20s couple trying to teach English in South Korea.  I have always wanted to travel, though due to a lower middle class background never had the opportunity or drive to do it myself.  The furthest I'd ever gotten away from PA where I grew up was a single trip to Jamaica, and a trip to Canada after graduating high school.

On a lark my new wife and I decided to move partway across the country to the Midwest in a bid to find greener pastures and non entry level positions.  While we found neither right away we are hoping to find even greener pastures in Asia while we teach English to the people who live there (they are called Asiapeans right?). Hoping to find pastures so green they are actually some sort of super green which no human has ever classified until now.

While we still have a ways to go before our fate filled encounter with ESL we are optimistic that we will not fail terribly or perhaps even succeed, all while fulfilling our sweet sweet wanderlust for a short while.  While the direction this blog will take might vary widely from expectation, I am hoping that I stick with it and don't get incredibly bored as my ADHD addled brain tends to do.  We will however help anyone who stumbles upon the blog with what they need to begin their own ESL adventure, and if we get any questions from readers (HA!) we will be sure to answer them to the best of our juvenile knowledge.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment