Sunday, August 19, 2012

Our final date and prep, also Pennsylvania (again)

So this blog post is from the magical and mystical realm of Pennsylvania.  We decided for several reasons it would be best to leave from Philly airport even though it would add an even longer flight before our already 12ish hour flight from California to Incheon international airport.  There at the airport one of the recruiters from Starteachers is going to meet us and make sure we get on the correct bus to Cheongju, where the director of the school will meet us at the bus stop and everything will be fabulous.  We still have not actually seen pictures or know any sort of layout of the apartment we will be staying in but we are optimistic that it will be nice.  The first few months are going to be an adventure of not knowing any of the language, not knowing our way around, and not being terrible teachers to the poor students under our care.  We are also going to be provided two cellphones from the school, we are not sure yet whether we will be paying for the monthly or if the school will foot the bill for that particular expense.  Our official leaving date is Wednesday the 22nd around 6am.  We will then spend about 20ish hours total until we reach our destination on minimal sleep and extreme stress.  Luckily when we arrive in Korea it will be early evening so it will be easy to crash and get on their sleeping schedule (hopefully).  

Its hard to describe how excited I really am at the prospect of the trip.  It has been such a long and drawn out process just getting to this point, and more expensive than I would have liked.  Despite everything that could have gone wrong we have our visas in hand, and we have our tickets all paid for and a car coming to get us at 1:30 in the morning Wednesday (yaaaay).  It is going to be 20 hours in the air and about a three hour bus ride.  This will be the longest I have ever traveled straight and I will probably be super cranky and tired.  I will be sure to fill this blog with all my travel comments minus the copious amounts of expletives I will likely use.

In other news there is an island in Japan called Cat Island (Tashiro Island) which is filled with old people and kitty cats.  I have decided I must go there and pet all the cats.  I have not decided whether I will attempt to pet the old people or not since I am not sure if they have their rabies shots yet.  I will ask their cat owners if the elderly are up on their shots when I go there.  CAT ISLAND



CAT ISLAND








CAT ISLAND

No comments:

Post a Comment