Friday, August 17, 2012

What do I want out of this whole thing?

I feel like one of these right now. Busy busy busy (and kinda sweet).
So it's probably pretty obvious that one of the primary reasons we're going over to South Korea is to teach English and work full time in a new culture. One thing I've been thinking about though is what my personal plans/goals/ideas for South Korea are.

I've had to come back to this blog entry, so it's probably kind of disjointed, but things have been even more busy. Things have been changed around a bit and we are now leaving later since our flight has been moved and we both got colds! I still have some plans in mind for South Korea though.

So why do I want to go to South Korea? Well, I find people and culture very fascinating, including our own culture here in the US. While there are lots of types of adventures to be had in a foreign country, I am also just really interested in visiting the neighborhood. I would love to travel and see different parts of South Korea, which I am sure we will do, but I'm looking forward to just going shopping at a local store or walking around in the city. I am fascinated by the food and the people and historical sights, museums, lots of small things that aren't something you may really even think about. Those are the things that I'm hoping to capture and bring to this blog, because it's always more fun with people who can (sort of) experience things with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment