Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Typhoon Update! (x2)




We would like to interrupt this regularly (hah! I'm funny, aren't I?) scheduled blog to give you an update about the status of Typhoon Bolaven being in the region. We woke up early this morning to wind picking up outside and blowing through the kitchen fan and the windows sporadically. The sky was just an endless flow of clouds of different colors.

I was anticipating a normal day, but things were a bit different because of the weather forecast. Instead of the normal 30ish students there were about half that. There were 6 in my soon to be class (Silly Sally), but that was with an extra kiddo, Stella's little sister, who is way too young to be in this school. After being distraught for quite a while, despite being near her sister, she finally came around and had fun playing with Stella. That left Zach's class (Rainbow Fish) with two, one of the girls from our 4/5th grade class, and the remaining students of varying ages, but mostly the 2/3rd graders.

That said, we had morning classes, which were pretty laid back because so many students were gone and then everyone went downstairs and had lunch in the Humpty Dumpty room so that they could watch a movie later.

The small amount of students and the weather meant we all watched Wall-E.

Sarah and Zach.

Sarah is very affectionate and hopped to my lap too.

That's the cook in the apron, we had cooked potatoes for afternoon snack. They were slightly sweet on the outside.

I tried to chase John but he was too fast and I got a floor burn on my knee. :(

The BEST cartoon/animated comic.

The students that leave later cuddled under the covers (once they stopped wrestling) and watched a movie. We had donuts and peaches as a snack since it got so late.

So that was our day in a nutshell, we actually start teaching our classes tomorrow as we take over from the current foreign teachers who are leaving Korea on Friday (after their 3 and 2 year stays, respectively). Since we got done with everything and the students left the wind picked up and was howling and it got dark very early, despite their being blue sky behind the clouds. 

What's next for us though? Another typhoon later in the week that goes by Tembin! By later in the week I mean all of Thursday. That's especially interesting because I will be teaching at another private kindergarten on Tuesdays and Thursdays (in Dongbang, wherever that is) and I think I start on Thursday!! So not only do I get to wonder what this new school is going to look like, but I will be wondering about the inclement weather as well. 


Hi there tropical storm Tembin.


No comments:

Post a Comment